The Water Tower, a building visible and known in the wider Ellinikon area, will be included in the emblematic Ellinikon. Lamda Development has decided to preserve the Water Tower by incorporating it into the emblematic Ellinikon.
The Water Tower, which was built in 1953 to ensure stable water pressure for the firefighting system of the U.S. Airbase at the time, is visible from Vouliagmenis Avenue as it is thirty-six meters high. The red and white tower is topped by a tank that is 5.5 meters high and 8.2 meters in diameter, supported on 6 steel columns.
Lamda Development’s decision not to demolish the structure, which is part of the country’s modern industrial history, is a gesture of respect for the collective memory of the region and its residents.